cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcislo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to filter tables that are separated with the qualify '*'

Hello Qlik, I have a bit of a weird question. I needed to load my data in utilizing the qualify '*' unqualify '*' keyword. My tables look like table1.tabname and table2.tabname. Is there a way to filter both tables based on a single tabname a user would select? They both share common table names. I had to load them in this way because qlik kept auto deleting records it thought were duplicates. Let me know if you need more clarification. 

Labels (5)
3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You could filter both data model tables at the same time by adding a link between them?  But if you don't want the tables to associate this way you'd have to use SET analysis to apply the selection state of a field in another table with the same values against the field you are working with. 

There are a few variations of doing this in set analysis

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Analytics/set-analysis-take-selections-of-another-field/td...

gcislo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you! I will give it a try.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"I had to load them in this way because qlik kept auto deleting records it thought were duplicates. Let me know if you need more clarification. "

What do mean auto-deleting? Are you using the DISTINCT keyword in the load? Qualify creates all kinds of problems when you go to create charts. Maybe better to take a step back and see if we can help you with a solution that doesn't use qualify *;

-Rob