cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhogan
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Get the maximum table value

I am trying to create my own ARGB color code for a line graph.  However, the biggest problem is step 1 of this process where I'm trying to set the opacity.  Basically my data looks like this:

GL   Step
15    5
15    4
15    3
15    2
15    1
14    5
14    4
14    3
14    2
14    1
etc  etc

I want all the GL values to have the same color but vary their opacity by the step value.  Since opacity can range from 0-255 I need to know in the moment how many Steps are to be shown based users' selections so that the highest Step has opacity 255 while the rest have a decreasing opacity from there.  Step 1 I thought should be the easiest which is to just get the maximum step in the currently filtered dataset.  RangeMax seemed like the right fit based on the documentation but its not doing what I thought it should.  For example RangeMax(GL) for all the GL 14s give 14 and for GL 15s gives 15 when I was expecting 15 in all cases since 15 is the maximum value across the entire dataset (as currently filtered).

1) does anyone know what the proper function and parameters are to return the maximum value in the entire dataset for that column based on the current selected filters?

2) does anyone happen to already have an elegant solution to package #1 with a complete ARGB solution as after I determine the opacity logic I'll have to move on next to determine how to best programmatically set the other RGB parameters.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi the TOTAL clause is sed to ignore dimensions, so Max(TOTAL GL) should return 15 in all cases.

GL/Max(TOTAL GL) Should return a value beween 0 and 1 and using ColorMix1() you can set a value that goes from one color on value zero to another on value 1, like: ColorMix1(GL/Max(TOTAL GL),RGB(255,255,255), RGB(255,0,0))