Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucius_Artorius_Castus

Geo Map shouldn't affect when select on yearmonth filter

Hi Everyone, so I have geo map which shouldn't affect when I select year month, So I have provided the expression to ignore this dimension but in size&shape properties, there are two layers point layers and area layers, except size&shape all the properties are dimension, so How should I stop the dimension from reflecting from year-month?
right now after selecting it is removing countrys(area layer) and some station(point layer) when I select year-month.
Used expression: SUM({<[YEAR_MONTH]=>}[GEO_AVG_PRICE] * [GEO_QTY])

Before selecting year month filter:

Lucius_Artorius_Castus_0-1714049906784.png

after selecting (it shouldn't change anything, It should show the map as it was before as in above image):

Lucius_Artorius_Castus_1-1714049952275.png

Labels (7)
14 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

It looks like you are using [YEAR_MONTH] in your expression and [Month_Year] in your filter.

Lucius_Artorius_Castus
Author

@Lisa_P  Nope, it is just a label.
This is the expression I am using in filter: Aggr(If({1} [YEAR_MONTH] > MakeDate(2020,12), Date([YEAR_MONTH], 'MMM-YYYY')), [YEAR_MONTH])

Lucius_Artorius_Castus
Author

@jchx
and @Anil_Babu_Samineni Can you please help me with this?

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

You have to look at the relationship of Country in the Data model to your dates.

Lucius_Artorius_Castus
Author

Ok I have created link table where for geo map data there is no field for date, So I have provided year_month_key as null which is connected to year-month filter, is it because of that this is happening?

Lucius_Artorius_Castus_0-1714371916004.png

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Yes, exactly

Lucius_Artorius_Castus
Author

@Lisa_P so how can I solve this? I have also tried to ignore YEAR_MONTH_KEY but that didn't work.

Lucius_Artorius_Castus
Author

@Lisa_Premoved that key from script and getting same result.

Lucius_Artorius_Castus_1-1714380255418.png

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The way that the selections are impacting your map is because when you select something not related to the Country dimension, those values are becoming excluded.