Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarachac
Contributor III
Contributor III

Format a table depending on a filter

Hello,

I have multiple excel sheets with approximately the same data but for different subjects.
Excel Sheet 1 : A1:Subject ; A2:Agriculture
Excel Sheet 2 : A1:Subject ; A2:Cars Industry

I want to create a table in qliksense where the columns change depending on the choice of the subject in a filter.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clement15
Creator
Creator

I understand, in this case would the use of a Variable Input be possible? You select the field you want in your list, the variable changes value to take its name and you call this variable as a measure or dimension in your table

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clement15
Creator
Creator

Hello,
With the 'show column if' option, you can create a button modifying the value of a variable allowing you to show or hide the columns as you wish.

clarachac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I can have 10 different subjects, if I use the 'show column if' I'll have too many dimensions, and each time I add a new subject I will have to modify the visualization.

I want to have an easy configurable table, without having to edit the table code if possible.

Clement15
Creator
Creator

I understand, in this case would the use of a Variable Input be possible? You select the field you want in your list, the variable changes value to take its name and you call this variable as a measure or dimension in your table

LRuCelver
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There are many ways you can do this. You have to make a few design decisions:

1. How to select the subject
    • You can store the current subject in a variable and use e.g. a dropdown in a variable selector to change the subject. This way you are limited to a single subject at a time.
    • You can have a field for the subjects. If you always want a single subject to be selected, you can enable the "Always one selected value" in the field settings. Having the subject as a field also allows you to select multiple subjects, but for that your expressions will need to be a bit more complicated.
  2. How to change what is shown in charts
    • You can check the subject variable/field selections and enable or disable dimensions and measures according to the subject/s selected using the calculation conditions.
      • An extreme form of this would be having individual sheets for every subject and only showing the one for the subject selected.
    • You can write all different options in one expression and select which one is used based on e.g. a variable using an If() or Pick() function.
    • If your expressions share a lot in common with all subjects, you can use the selected subject variable/field to dynamically change, what e.g. fields are used in an expression.
marcus_sommer

Why should the columns change if they contain the same data? Just loading everything in a single table and adding one or two source-fields to track the Excel file/sheet information would be enough to differentiate the data in dimensions and/or selections and/or conditions.