cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammarahw
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dimensional reference line not functioning with fractile calculation

Hi, I am creating a chart with multiple lines to indicate a base price, a price that gets 50% of the calls and a line indicating a price that gets 100% of calls. 

The 3 boxes to the right indicate where the lines should be. The red line and the green line are functioning correctly but the yellow line should be at 35 and is instead fixed at 0. 

To calculate the yellow line I am using this calculation:  
round(fractile(total_revenue, 0.5)*1.2 , 5)

The reason I think there might be an issue here is because the green line uses almost the same calculation, but shows the correct answer. 

round(fractile(total_revenue, 1.0)*1.2 , 5)

Below are screenshots of how the lines are showing up on the bar chart. The green line and red line are correct the but the yellow line is not at the 35 mark even though for the box and the yellow line I have just put the same calculation. I have tried adjusting the fractile value for the calculation and there still mismatch for the yellow line. I also tried deleting and recreating the master item with the calculation, deleting and recreating the line, deleting and recreating the box and just adding the calculation to the box and the chart without the master item. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong here? 

linee1.png

 

linee2.png

Labels (6)
2 Replies
pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II

@ammarahw I'm clueless, and I am not really familiar with what chart you are using.  However, I do see at the bottom of the chart- "Filters applied- total_revenue > 0".  I'm wondering if that filter was not applied to the chart but applies to the box. 

I would probably also try with different fractiles to see how it reacts.

ammarahw
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response! I double checked the filters on both visuals and they're the same. It's strange because trying out different fractiles also results in mismatch until I set it to 1.0 and then they are the same.