Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kat92
Contributor III
Contributor III

Current vs Previous Month in Bar Chart

Hi,

I would like to show in a barchart the current and same month last year and want to display all the months available no matter if the Date filter is selected.

So, far I have managed to create the below measures

Current Year months=Sum({<Date={">=$(vStartYear) <=$(vCurrentDate)"}>} Actual)

Past Year Months=Sum({<Date={">=$(vPreviousStartYear) <=$(vPreviousCurrentDate)"}>} Actual)

But in this way I can not display the values next to each other. The variables created are calculating correctly the dates I want to show and according to the names. Please let me know if it is not clear though.

Could you please assist?

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Javizh
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello @Kat92 

Maybe the problem is not the formula, but the dimension you are using in the bar chart.

Which dimension are you using? Maybe you are using a YearMonth dimension which will automatically report them separately.

I would recommend you to use the  dimension "Month" as Month(Date).

Best regards

Kat92
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi again,

Thanks for your input, I had tried with different dimensions all from the same Calendar table. I did use a different approach and calculated the Past results with the help of above function

Current ={<Date= >} sum({<Date= >} Actual)

Past={<Date= >} (above(sum({<Date= >} [Actual]),12,3))

Now results are correct and shown as expected. 

However I want to exclude values prior to 2023 from my chart and it seems to be challenging as well.

No matter what I try it either show only the current or shows all available dates