Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II

Create qvd for the files present in FTP server in Qliksense

Hello All,

I am trying to connect to FTP server via Qliksense and create a qvds for the .DAT files present in FTP server.

I am trying to load the file based on below script.

Raw_Data:
LOAD

FROM [$(vQwcConnectionName)]
(URL IS [$(vL.GoogleConnectorURL)?connectorID=FileTransferConnector&table=$(table_param)&host=$(vHost)&ftpMode=$(vFtpMode)&port=$(vPort)&userName=$(vUser)&password=$(vPassword)&ignoreProxy=False&$(path_param)=%2f$(vPath)&appID=&loadAccessToken=$(vL.GoogleToken)],qvx)
(txt, codepage is 28591, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

STORE Raw_Data into TestFile.qvd](qvd);

Here the connection is defined as 

[lib://QWC]

(URL IS [http://localhost:5555/data?connectorID=FileTransferConnector&table=FTPGetRawFile&host=213.199.251.7&... KRUSZYWA-GÓRKA ROZRZ-PL_PKPE_1465000777_05_CP_20210101.DAT&appID=&loadAccessToken=tjqthW0Wnc],qvx)

But I am getting below error

The following error occurred:
Unexpected token: '(', expected one of: 'Where', 'While', 'Group'

whereas when I type the above URL in Chrome directly,  I get the file downloaded to my machine.

Could any one help me with the mistake I am doing in the script?

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Climber,

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed, I am using the lib connection path to store the qvd.

I found that issue is with the 'FTPGetRawFile' option which I am using in the connection string for reading the file from the FTP server.

(URL IS [http://localhost:5555/data?connectorID=FileTransferConnector&table=FTPGetRawFile&host=213.199.251.7&... KRUSZYWA-GÓRKA ROZRZ-PL_PKPE_1465000777_05_CP_20210101.DAT&appID=&loadAccessToken=tjqthW0Wnc],qvx)

Above mentioned code  (including FTPGetRawFile option) is working fine in Qlikview but in Qliksense it is reading the file but not displaying the expected data in the table.

For Qliksense, I first need to download the file from the FTP server (using download option) to my local folder and then read the file. not sure why  'FTPGetRawFile' option is not working with Qliksense.

Thanks

Gayatri

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Does this statement exactly look like this?

STORE Raw_Data into TestFile.qvd](qvd);

Because it should look like this:

STORE Raw_Data into [lib://DataConnectionName/TestFile.qvd](qvd);

I don't know what you data connection name is called.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
gayatri7
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Climber,

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed, I am using the lib connection path to store the qvd.

I found that issue is with the 'FTPGetRawFile' option which I am using in the connection string for reading the file from the FTP server.

(URL IS [http://localhost:5555/data?connectorID=FileTransferConnector&table=FTPGetRawFile&host=213.199.251.7&... KRUSZYWA-GÓRKA ROZRZ-PL_PKPE_1465000777_05_CP_20210101.DAT&appID=&loadAccessToken=tjqthW0Wnc],qvx)

Above mentioned code  (including FTPGetRawFile option) is working fine in Qlikview but in Qliksense it is reading the file but not displaying the expected data in the table.

For Qliksense, I first need to download the file from the FTP server (using download option) to my local folder and then read the file. not sure why  'FTPGetRawFile' option is not working with Qliksense.

Thanks

Gayatri

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Good to hear! Please mark this post as solved so other users know this.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder