Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bar Chart Color by expression

Hi,

Can you help with this expression, I was trying to color each bar (3 in total) by inspection status, Initial to be blue, passed to be green, failed to be red:

if([InspectionStatus]='Failed',rgb(242,0,0)),if([InspectionStatus]='Passed',rgb(0,242,0)),if([InspectionStatus]='Initial',rgb(0,0,242))

The above expression gives the error :   garbage after expression ','

The below expression colored all the stacked bars blue, but I need to get the three colors:

=if(InspectionStatus,'Initial',rgb(0,0,242))

Thanks in advance,

Newbie Qlik User Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

With help from our BI team, we solved it by changing the measure expression to one instead of three, adding a bar inspection status dimension and the below color expression:

Count({$<Bucket ={'Requested Inspections'}>*$<InspectionType = {"*Hazard Elimination Assessment*"}>} distinct IMInspectionID)

if(InspectionStatus='Initial', blue(),
if(InspectionStatus='Passed', green(),
if(InspectionStatus='Failed', red())))

Thanks, Mike

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Statement closing in the first condition it self, Try as follows

if([InspectionStatus]='Failed',rgb(242,0,0),if([InspectionStatus]='Passed',rgb(0,242,0),if([InspectionStatus]='Initial',rgb(0,0,242))))

Or

Pick(Match([InspectionStatus], 'Failed', 'Passed', 'Initial'), rgb(242,0,0), rgb(0,242,0),rgb(0,0,242))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, no errors on either but the bars are staying grey?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Use option for color as "Measure as Expression"

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

bar colors.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Should work, May be try with first expression? Can you please share sample application?

mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried this and still grey:

Pick(Match([InspectionStatus], 'Failed'), rgb(242,0,0))

i will check if i can share a sample, Thx, Mike

mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Here are the measure expressions if it helps:

Count({$<Bucket ={'Requested Inspections'}>*$<InspectionStatus = {'Initial'}>*$<InspectionType = {"*Hazard Elimination Assessment*"}>}distinct IMInspectionID)

Count({$<Bucket ={'Requested Inspections'}>*$<InspectionStatus = {'Failed'}>*$<InspectionType = {"*Hazard Elimination Assessment*"}>}distinct IMInspectionID)

Count({$<Bucket ={'Requested Inspections'}>*$<InspectionStatus = {'Passed'}>*$<InspectionType = {"*Hazard Elimination Assessment*"}>}distinct IMInspectionID)

mmurray04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

With help from our BI team, we solved it by changing the measure expression to one instead of three, adding a bar inspection status dimension and the below color expression:

Count({$<Bucket ={'Requested Inspections'}>*$<InspectionType = {"*Hazard Elimination Assessment*"}>} distinct IMInspectionID)

if(InspectionStatus='Initial', blue(),
if(InspectionStatus='Passed', green(),
if(InspectionStatus='Failed', red())))

Thanks, Mike