cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaden
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding a background color expression to a pivot table

I have a pivot table that has hours worked by employees per week. We want to highlight, in red, any hours that are zero or null (-).  I know there is a background color expression box and this is the expression I have in there now:

Jaden_0-1707163384837.png

This is just highlighting all zeros in red, as expected:

Jaden_1-1707163458253.png

How do I get this to also highlight nulls (-) as well? Is it something in the expression or something else I'm missing? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Ok, than you have to wait for the February 2024 release, probable the new pivot will also be available in this release just like the new Layout Container

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Jaden Maye they are not really nulls, If you have Only 0?

Instead, try with, Note, there are many ways. 

If([Total Hours]=0 or IsNull([Total Hours]), Red())

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Sorry @Anil_Babu_Samineni, you can't color null values with this

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

if you are on qlik cloud there is new pivot table in the viz bundle, and with this table there is a styling option to color null value cell background

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

the other option is to add dummy data with 0 hr for each date & dimension combination

or if you are on QLikcloud see the suggestion from @jochem_zw 

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Jaden
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately I am on Qlik Sense Enterprise, not Qlik Cloud. I did think about adding a dummy record but before I did that I wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way because there are quite a few missing records where employees forgot to enter their time.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Ok, than you have to wait for the February 2024 release, probable the new pivot will also be available in this release just like the new Layout Container

Jaden
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Okay that is good to know. We plan on upgrading to the February 2024 release later this year, so I will refer back to this post once we have upgraded. Thank you all for your help!