Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wliang
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

API endpoint that can be used for AWS ELB heath check

Hello everyone,

I have recently upgraded Qliks Sense Enterprise from Nov 2017 to Nov 2018, now I'm facing a problem that the health check endpoint used in previous version doesn't work for the later version now.

I wanted to ask if there is any API Endpoint that can be used for AWS ELB to hit and check the service health. Most of the API endpoint requires authentication including the Qlik Engine healthcheck ":4747/engine/healthcheck/" and will return 401 hence fail the AWS ELB healt check.

I have also tried to create new virtual proxy to allow anonymous access on the endpoint, but this also brings risk of exposing the endpoint to public. 

Is there any Qlik endpoint that I can use to call and get a 200 response without getting authentication? Or if there is any other way to get AWS ELB health check on Qlik Sense working?

Thanks very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

@wliang ,

You should be able to hit https://server.company.com/qps/user without authentication (in which case it will return an inactive response in the JSON). This has the benefit of not spamming the logs like other approaches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

@wliang ,

You should be able to hit https://server.company.com/qps/user without authentication (in which case it will return an inactive response in the JSON). This has the benefit of not spamming the logs like other approaches.

wliang
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

yes, this worked.

Thank you so much!

raz-datamind
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

I understand that this healthcheck will return inactive response if the qlik sense engine is up?
What will it return if the engine is down?

Thnaks