Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Migration / Management & Orchestration Capability; How Do I Manage My Qlik Estate?

How will you manage your Qlik Estate?

As Qlik Capacity opens up enterprise use of Qlik the management challenges increase, as well as the opportunities.

No current single/simple way to see or manage your entire Qlik Estate
When migrating one or many on-premise Qlik Sense instances to Qlik Cloud there is currently no possibility to view the status of your entire Qlik estate directly in Qlik. There is however a way to do this, using Qlik's APIs and build an application that uses Qlik's Manage APIs (qlik.dev). This is exactly what Qlik OEM customers do when the need to manage their multiple instances for their customers.

What would be ideal is to have a solution ready to go, for any customer, and also have the same solution be used for on-going Qlik estate management. During migration and ongoing. Especially if compliance is a requirement.

Why do you need to manage your Qlik estate with a tool?
When it comes to managing your tenants there is no equivalent QMC in Qlik Cloud, and especially not across the your entire list of tenants and on premise instance, and as such it is harder, but not impossible, to find things out. Like:

• How many users do I have? 
  • Where are my glossaries?
  • What assets does a specific user manage? - If a user leaves, what impact will it have on operations.
  • How do I automatically onboard or offboard the assets a user owns?
  • How do I back up my Apps?
  • How do I manage Licensing? - Have I got orphaned licences etc.
  • OEM customers need automated processes to create tenants and hydrate them.
  • How can I demonstrate compliance. - Can I show that all leaver profiles own zero assets?
  • How can I integrate, trigger processes from my service management tool? - Centralised Support/Admin
  • And many more.....

How Do I Automate and Orchestrate Across My Whole Qlik Estate?

What's more, the needs do not stop there. Currently Qlik Automations work in Personal Spaces and there is no centralised task chaining capability, as there is in QlikView (Which has the best QMC). Customers want the ability to manage task chains within both a single server/tenant, and now across multiple tenants/servers. Indeed, many customers want the ability to orchestrate based on webhooks, and more, from their entire enterprise infrastructure. Including full integration (triggering) from their service management tools. Along with approvals.

All these challenges and specific customer use cases are outside of the purview of Qlik today. 
What then is the solution?

Announcing Harmony & Symphony for Qlik

Differentia Consulting has created a solution aimed at two groups of Qlik users. Those with large or complex Qlik Sense estates, and those migrating to Qlik Cloud, or having pure Qlik Cloud estates, but having many tenants, or need to automatically create and hydrate tenants. (eg OEM) A solution that can be customised to your needs, as it is built on the Cyferd Platform. The Cyferd Platform is a next generation composable solution platform. Customers that adopt the platform can also build their own business solutions.

Differentia Consulting has crafted a solution for both need cases as follows:

Harmony for Qlik - Allows all Qlik endpoints to be Managed. Cloud Migrations to be controlled, and OEM needs met. (Tenant creation and Hydration) + Having ability to manage Apps, Users and other elements and assets.

Symphony for Qlik - Orchestrate via task chains and schedules your tasks across your estate.

Self Service Reporting - a third component to allow self service reporting eg #ancoreShare enhanced reporting for Qlik.

There is also built in ticketing and backlog management to ensure that all users can request updates, which can be delivered in-house or by Differentia Consulting.

General availability is 1st March 2024. We are happy to provide a demonstration to any architect or customer so that they can see the solution operate. Currently, in demo format the solution is connected to demo instances of Qlik Sense and Qlik Cloud. With KPIs to cover a whole bunch of control issues.

More Details

Link To Harmony for Qlik Webpage: https://www.differentia.consulting/cyferd/harmony-for-qlik/

Migrating to Qlik Cloud - Tools Article: https://www.differentia.consulting/article/migrate-to-qlik-cloud-tools-required/

#AI #QlikLuminary #QlikPartnerAmbassador #QlikCloud #QlikSense #Orchestration #ancoreShare #HarmonyforQlik #SymphonyforQlik #SmarterB

Labels (3)
0 Replies