Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is it possible to load a list of user in qlik cloud tenant

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue: i want to load an entire list of users from a specific active directory.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do it without user action.

Basically as the goal would be to assign users role and space roles before the user log into the qlik cloud tenant.

in order to do that the user must appeat in the user section.

So is it possible to load an ad group all at once or is there a way to do it ?

Thanks

Regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @random_user_3869 ,

that would be the Users Rest API with a POST method.

I have also written an article with a possible example of how to import users from a csv file using the qlik-cli .

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @random_user_3869 ,

it is currently possible via SCIM provisioning, if you are using Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure AD).

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok so if it's an other IDP your conclusion is : "the users has to log in first and that's the only way "

Is that so ?

Thanks 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@random_user_3869 
Yes and no. While we officially only support Entra ID, you might be able to use SCIM with other Identity Providers that use it. 

Or, as an alternative, you can use scripting.
Something that downloads the list of users from your source, and then creates them using either Qlik APIs or the qlik-cli.

A simple command for the qlik-cli would be:
qlik user create --name "First Lastname" --email emailaddress --subject usersubject

Then the users will be created and you'll be able to assign roles, permission to spaces, and entitlements* before the users login.

* Note: it's important that, when using command line, you enter the correct subject that is going to be provided by the IdP to the user. Otherwise, the way things work now, the entitlement will be removed from the user at the first login and moved to the "Orphans" section.
Roles and permissions will stay assigned, even if the entitlement is removed.

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello,

You metionned some qlik APis that could perform that type of actions.

Do you know some of them (name wise)

Thank you

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @random_user_3869 ,

that would be the Users Rest API with a POST method.

I have also written an article with a possible example of how to import users from a csv file using the qlik-cli .

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you.

Regarding the REST API.

It is possible to set AD group instead of single users ? In that case is there any documentation ?

Same question for  your documentation regarding the following documentaiton: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Cloud-use-qlik-cli-to-import-list-of-us...

Thank you