Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sama007
Contributor
Contributor

What are the possible values of qdata in qlik sense api engine?

Hello, I'm trying to find the possible values of qdata but I can't find anything in the documentation. For example, on the internet, I found this query content:

{

qInfo: {

qType: "MeasureList"

},

qMeasureListDef: {

qType: "measure",

qData: {

qMeasure: "/qMeasure"

}

}

}

We see that a value is specified for qdata. Where can we find the set of possible values?

Labels (1)
  • API

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jprdonnelly
Employee
Employee

Hello @sama007 , great question!

The Engine JSON API allows for user created objects, in which qData itself can be dynamic.

That being said, there is not yet a comprehensive list of predefined qData values that the Engine recognizes published anywhere - but we're working on changing that over on qlik.dev  😎.

If you search the Qlik help site, you can find lots of references to where our SDKs demonstrate different qData values, and you can use the Engine API explorer to great effect as well.

I hope this helps!

- @jprdonnelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jprdonnelly
Employee
Employee

Hello @sama007 , great question!

The Engine JSON API allows for user created objects, in which qData itself can be dynamic.

That being said, there is not yet a comprehensive list of predefined qData values that the Engine recognizes published anywhere - but we're working on changing that over on qlik.dev  😎.

If you search the Qlik help site, you can find lots of references to where our SDKs demonstrate different qData values, and you can use the Engine API explorer to great effect as well.

I hope this helps!

- @jprdonnelly
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

The qData property is a somewhat tricky one. It's sort of an open container that allows you to specify which parts of the layout of the structures you are listing you want to be able to access directly in the list. It's for instance used to get the titles of sheets if you have a sheet list, but you can get pretty much any part of the layout structure there. What you do is that you add a pointer to the structure in the properties of the object in qData, and then when you do GetLayout on the list you get the corresponding layout structures for all entities that are listed. So in your case, if you do:

{
  qData: {
    measure: "/qMeasureDef"
  }
}

Then what you'll get is the measure definitions of all library measures as part of the data of the layout of the list.

It's somewhat confusing at first, but very powerful. I've been thinking of writing a blog post on this topic for a while but never gotten around to it. Perhaps I'll pick that up one of these days!

sama007
Contributor
Contributor
Author

ok, thanks for your answers