Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need to enter password twice while accessing mashups even after keycloak integration

Hi,

I've integrated keycloak with Qliksense for authentication. I followed the steps in the page Qlik Sense for Windows: How to configure OIDC with... - Qlik Community - 1812463 and configured a virtual proxy in Qliksense and also the same in Keycloak as well, I am able to get to the required keycloak page using the keycloak virtual proxy in the URL and I am able to log in. I am having no issues accessing hub and qmc but my requirement is - after logging in it should redirect to a mashup page. But even after entering the credentials into keycloak page, it is asking for the credentials once again. Hence the users are required to enter the credentials twice instead of once which defeats the purpose of integrating Qlik with keycloak.

Kindly, note that this is the case for mashups with section access and also mashups without section access. The mashup does not have anything configured in the code to prompt for users to enter their credentials. Hence, my guess is QlikSense is prompting for the user credentials when we try to access the mashup directly. Once again this is only happening for mashups.

Is there any way I could configure it so that just entering my credentials in to the keycloak page will directly take me to my app mashup?

Thanks in advance

Labels (6)
2 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hi @Charvick 

I believe you might need to do something similar to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-on-Windows-How-to-use-mashups-wit... for OIDC too.

Also please make sure you have performed the settings mentioned here regarding Host allow list, SameSite settings, etc.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-for-Windows-All-you-need-to-know-...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Damien_Villaret,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the links you've provided and everything is as it should be and I am still facing this issue. I was able to narrow it down to an extension called 'swr-sense-export'. This is being used a lot in our mashups, this is an extension which we  downloaded from github. When I remove the extension from the mashup and try accessing with keycloak I am not having any issues but as soon as I add this it is asking for credentials twice.

@stefanwalther could you please look at this as well. As I saw you are familiar with such concepts.

Thanks