Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Embedding Qlik Sense in a website: problems with fonts and cookies

Hello fellow devs

I've recently updated a ~1 year old installation of Qlik Sense Enterprise to the Feb 2024 Patch 2 release.

While Qlik Sense itself seems to work fine, I also make extensive use of the mashup api to embed Qlik objects inside my company's web pages.

Since the update, however, the mashup pages have been misbehaving: most don't load, or load very slowly, or load with messed up fonts (all the icon fonts are missing).

So, I started debugging by building a very simple mashup page, following the tutorial in the Qlik documentation, and here is the first problem I've found: as soon as I invoke require to obtain the Qlik Sense engine, like this:

require(["js/qlik"], (qlik: any) => {
	console.log("obtained qlik engine", qlik);
	this.qlikEngine = qlik;
});

I start getting errors and warnings in the browser console:
master_t_0-1711714702212.png

as you can see, not only are fonts failing to load but it also takes almost 10 seconds to obtain the Qlik Sense engine, which explains the slowness and missing icon fonts that I noticed in my mashup pages.

If I look at the network panel, I can see that the problem (the font one at least) is that the browser (Chrome) is not sending the X-Qlik-Session cookie when requesting the fonts, and thus Qlik is responding with a 302 status code to redirect to the authentication page:

master_t_1-1711714904076.png

I've checked online, and from what I understand it is normal for browsers to not send cookies when downloading web fonts... so is this a Qlik Sense bug? Why do the mashup APIs include fonts that are behing authentication? This didn't happen in the older version of Qlik (I think it was a November 2022), so it must be a pretty recent change.

How can we avoid this issue? Did I mess something up in my mashup or is this an issue with Qlik itself? Can it be worked around?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @master_t , please open a support ticket, seems to be a bug.

master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello Alex, thank you, I have already done it, from what support told me they're investigating the issue. I'll update the thread when they give me some feedback.

jan-ri
Contributor II
Contributor II

We have recently updated from May 2023 to Feb 2024 Patch 2 and we get the same errors.