Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II

Dashboard on smart-TV

Good morning,

I'm conducting some tests to integrate some dashboards into the control center and project them on smart TVs, which will be updated every 5/10 minutes to inform patients/doctors.

I have seen the following APIs:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2024/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/si...

However, I'm verifying that a login is still required to make the link work:

https://[local address server]/single/?appid=80fed418-6476-4941-ae55-17be4712f0ad&sheet=b0e23240-18cb-43c0-9996-b3d356394740&obj=FWmNX&theme=breeze

Is it possible to bypass the login? Those who have had this experience, how did they solve it? Did they create a new user for this purpose?

In the case of a new user, does the session for the APIs not terminate? How does it work?

Thank you to everyone who will be willing to help me.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @alexandernatale for this kind of scenario we usually create a mashup (a web application) which embed Qlik dashboard using the APIs mentioned by you. Mashups allow us to add few lines of JS code for keeping user session alive and avoid any session timeout (this avoid you to login every time session is timed out).

About the user, we usually use a service user, for which you need a first login when Qlik dashboard loads for the first time, and then everytime you need to reload the dashboard (usually only when you restart the machine or for browser updates).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @alexandernatale for this kind of scenario we usually create a mashup (a web application) which embed Qlik dashboard using the APIs mentioned by you. Mashups allow us to add few lines of JS code for keeping user session alive and avoid any session timeout (this avoid you to login every time session is timed out).

About the user, we usually use a service user, for which you need a first login when Qlik dashboard loads for the first time, and then everytime you need to reload the dashboard (usually only when you restart the machine or for browser updates).