cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Month cannot be the name of the aggregate date field in a calendar period

In the data load script, I had a date field that show month/year called Month. However, no matter the changes I made to formulate the the same data point in the script or how to define it in the logical model, it wouldn't show as an option to use in a calendar period. 

However, if I simply rename the field it shows up. I've named it MonthYear in the example below. 

pover_2-1665692599204.png

No Month field is available. 

pover_1-1665692480736.png

Is Month a reserved word when setting up calendar periods? 

Also, a note that fields like Year are repeated because one is actually a master item and the other is a field. It would be nice to add that information in parenthesis next to the name it.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Nasser_Bumpus
Employee
Employee

Hello @pover - Two observations for this post.

1. Identifying Master Items vs. Items in the Data Model : This improvement has been accounted for in both QCS and CM (I tested on the Feb'22 Release for CM).

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 12.17.22 PM.png

2. Is Month and MonthYear in your image the same value? (with the format of Month-Year i.e 10-2022). I'm interested in testing this out, but unsure of your format.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi @Nasser_Bumpus

1. Identifying master items vs fields is easy in Fields and Groups, but I've seen that this isn't the case in the dropdown to select fields or master items when making a calendar period. I also recall that there may be other dropdowns with the same issue as well.

2. I have a field called Month and MonthYear that originate from the same MY field. 

pover_0-1668437625377.png

And the result is 2 fields with the same metadata and tags.

pover_1-1668437811382.png

They have the same logical model definition.

pover_2-1668437929077.png

When I go to create a Calendar Period, only MonthYear appears. Neither the Month field or master item appear.

pover_3-1668437986561.png

This is a working solution to change the field name, but it was a headache trying to figure out why the Month field wasn't appearing until I changed the name.