Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Replace CR LF (newline / breaking space) with a tReplaceList component

Hi everyone,

I have a tReplaceList component that get a list of forbidden characters from a SQL table.

I want to add to my rules the replacement of CR LF because it's making my job fail.

From my tDBInput (Oracle) I have a column containing a CR LF character in the middle

When copying the data to notepad++ I can see that the line break is indeed a CR LF. But I've tried to add to my SQL table the values "\r" "\n", "\r\n" even tried with double \\ etc....

But nothing has been working so far. How do I make this work ? 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Went down the hole and searched for what was doing tReplaceList.

It use Pattern.quote(string) and thus replace everything from the SQL table to make sure any regex-like character don't get interpreted as regex.

It looks like tReplaceList doesn't support Regex-like string / pattern like his brother tReplace 

I've opened a request to make Regex support available for tReplaceList :

https://ideation.qlik.com/app/#/case/387452?currentProductId=9da99bc1-0dfb-4471-8e12-d23685578c43

View solution in original post

1 Reply
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Went down the hole and searched for what was doing tReplaceList.

It use Pattern.quote(string) and thus replace everything from the SQL table to make sure any regex-like character don't get interpreted as regex.

It looks like tReplaceList doesn't support Regex-like string / pattern like his brother tReplace 

I've opened a request to make Regex support available for tReplaceList :

https://ideation.qlik.com/app/#/case/387452?currentProductId=9da99bc1-0dfb-4471-8e12-d23685578c43