Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazzGrewal22
Contributor
Contributor

Next Component not triggered by using On Component OK or by passing the Row output from tJavaRow

Hi There,

I am in a situation where I am polling messages from a JMS queue using the tJMSInput component, once the reply comes I am extracting the response using tExtractXML and then passing it onto another tJavaRow component.

From the tJavaRow component when I try to run another component using the on ComponentOK line it doesn't trigger the next component and the Job gets stuck at that point.

Here's how I have them connected:

0695b00000UyTDdAAN.png

The second tJavaRow never gets triggered. I have tried using the Main output link from the first tJavaRow and even the if statement by passing in a true condition. Can someone please comment on what could be the issue or possible workaround?

Labels (5)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For testing, just print a log message on tJava_1 to check if the next component is triggered or not,eg:

System.out.println("tJava_1 is triggered");

The same way, go to check on which component the job is hanging.

Regards

Shong

Mehdi_Mhedhbi2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi , the tPreJob component is used to run the linked components before the main job so for me it is useless to link it with OnSubJobOk trigger with the tJMSInput Component, can you please share  with us what are you doing  in the tjavaRow and tjava components? 

best regards

jazzGrewal22
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I an using the tJavaRow component to resd the input_row containing the values from the tExtractxml and then setting the context variables.

the tJava component is just to log that the package will be called now. I tried eliminating the second tJava component without any luck. Will try to remove the tPreJob as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

we usually print the value of context variable to see whether they are assigned value correctly ​before they are used, so you do this step on tJava for testing.

jazzGrewal22
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI,

I have noticed that the further components are working only with the use of Main (output), not the On Component Ok or any other sort of trigger. Is this the normal behavior of tJMSInput?0695b00000UydIdAAJ.png It shows starting for all the jobs, and once the message has been received from the queue it starts the further process.