Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weiqiang_wang
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

get permission issue when run command line Repository.exe -bootstrap

I got a strange issue.

I'm doing the Qlik Sense migration which is move current Qlik Sense (1 central + 1 rim) to a new environment.

1. Install Qlik Sense in new environment

2.backup all related data from old environment 

3.restore Postgres SQL db

4 restore Qlik Shared folder.

5. imported the old 3 certificates(client, server and root) of Qlik into new server.

6. run command line "Respository.exe -bootstrap -iscentral -restorehostname"

but nothing come out in commandline window, I checked the event log and found below error as in attachment.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 171840.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-04 171932.jpg

It showing it's about permission issue, but I run the command line with local administrator.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Chetan_MN
Support
Support

Hi @weiqiang_wang 

From the error(Message: Unhandled Exception: Access to Path 'Global\Qlik.Sense.Common_Certinstalled' is denied.) it looks like the User executing the command does not have access to the path. Please backup the certs
and try re-creating them

- https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-in-Qlik-Sense-No...

Also make sure that any GPO's are not affecting the rights to execute the command.

weiqiang_wang
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

From the error(Message: Unhandled Exception: Access to Path 'Global\Qlik.Sense.Common_Certinstalled' is denied.) 
it looks like the User executing the command does not have access to the path. 
[Reply] How do I find and check the path? 
Please backup the certs and try re-creating them
- https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-in-Qlik-Sense-No...

Should I be doing this in the source or new environment? the certs are from old environment.

Also make sure that any GPO's are not affecting the rights to execute the command.

How can I check for this? I'm the administrator.

Chetan_MN
Support
Support

weiqiang_wang
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

We are trying to migration Qlik(1 central node + 1 rim node) from environment A to B.

By following guideline of Qlik, we have to export all Qlik certificates from environment A, and import them into B, then mount the postgres DB(which backup from A), then run the boostrap command line.

You mean we can delete the certs and recreated them? in another word actually certs from A no useful ?