cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omerkorayerguder
Contributor II
Contributor II

chr(304) error )=

Hello, I am writing from Turkey. When do you plan to solve the capital "i" letter chr(304) problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Please elaborate what you think isn't correct. I assume there is no error at all - especially not on the Qlik side because chr() refers just to system-libraries of the available char-sets.

If you get not the right output you may apply the wrong index-value and/or applying a wrong char-set and/or using not the right region/collation-settings and/or the used font didn't support this char.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Please elaborate what you think isn't correct. I assume there is no error at all - especially not on the Qlik side because chr() refers just to system-libraries of the available char-sets.

If you get not the right output you may apply the wrong index-value and/or applying a wrong char-set and/or using not the right region/collation-settings and/or the used font didn't support this char.

omerkorayerguder
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I cannot use the capital letter İ in equality. for example, 'Kırklareli'='KIRKLARELİ'

marcus_sommer

I think a not suitable collation is the most likely reason for your issue. The following post explained the topic:

Search - But what shall you find? - Qlik Community - 1472194

Since some years there are also possibilities to query and set the collation on a document-level, see:

System functions | Qlik Sense on Windows Help

System variables | QlikView Help