Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nyharindra
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstall Patch Procedure - with repo database unbundled

Hi Expert,

This is my first post on this valuable community exchange so be indlugent 😉 (I already have done some search but did not really find th response)

As mentioned in the title, we plan to uninstall a patch on our Qlik Sense installed on a Windows server coupled with an unbundled Postgresql 14 (upgraded with QPI). Found this link https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Installing-and-uninstalling-Qlik-Sense-Patch... but think this one is a little bit too old 

Question is : to perform the patch uninstall safely. Do we need to stop also the Postgresql database service? (since it is a separate service Postgresql x-64-14) ? (hence all services labeled Qlik sense is supposed to be stopped before uninstall)

PS : you may ask why we would remove patch, then this is because a first failing attempt to upgrade to May 2023 (Upgrade on test env done without any issue but investigation gives us unfortunately that testing env and prod env were not aligned, in which our prod has patch installed)

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and help

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Nyharindra
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @mironalaur 

Thank you for the advice. I will try same and keep you posted on the result

Regards

Nyharindra
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @mironalaur 

An experience feedback from my side (and may be will help someone). Did the patch uninstall + upgarde  Qlik Sense to May 2023 version today on our prod env successfully

To uninstall patches

1. Do a backup of the system before any actions
  2. Stop all Qlik Sense services except Postgresql (to note that we are with unbundled Pgsql 14 now)
  3. Change the services to manual start 
  4. Control Panel > program and features > click on the left side "View installed updates" > find any Qlik's patch > select and uninstall
  5. Reboot the machine once uninstall successful (not mandatory but to be sure for a cleaner sys, I did it)
  6. After reboot > Go to services and change back the Qlik Sense services (previously set to manual) start to Automatic(delay start).
  7. Start services if you do not need to upgrade

In case you need To do an Upgrade

1. Do a backup of the system before any actions 
  2. Stop all Qlik Sense services except Postgresql (to note that we are with unbundled Pgsql 14 now)
  3. Launch the Qlik_sense_setup.exe 
  4. Follow the process and provide the system account password and postgres password when needed
  5. Wait for the process to finish untill you get the successful upgarde message
  6. Crosscheck your Qlik sense app and streams are fully functionnal 

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

@mironalaur 

im in a catch 22 -

Ive done a QlikSenseMay2022->QliksenseMay2023 upgrade. The upgrade failed mid way, and the rollback seemed incomplete.

Now im not able to uninstall Qliksense to do a recovery since there is patchSr04.

Im not able to uninstall the patch sr04 since it doesnt recogonize Qlik being installed.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

br

Paul