Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Recover Apps - Lost from Folder Connection

Hi All,

Please be kind enough to know that I have by mistakenly stored the data extracted and Apps created to a temporary storage. I'm using server purchased from Azure provider and contacted Azure to get a backup of that drive, server provider mentioned that is a temporary drive you cannot get a backup/recover of it...

Now, Qlik Sense Hub shows all the apps and Streams I had, If I open it shows an error "App specified could not be opened". I need to know is there any chance I can recover those apps inside Qlik...

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @muhammedraleen 

Thanks for posting your query.

If you have a good repository backup you may restore it back.

Please follow below article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000084535

Also refer to below article:

Restore deleted app in Qlik Sense, Import app in Qlik Sense

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Sr Technical Support Engineer-Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @muhammedraleen 

It looks like the Qlik Shared folder is the one that was deleted ? If that is the case the Apps folder inside that folder has the binary files, if there is no way to recover the files unfortunately there is no much that can be done. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @muhammedraleen 

Thanks for posting your query.

If you have a good repository backup you may restore it back.

Please follow below article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000084535

Also refer to below article:

Restore deleted app in Qlik Sense, Import app in Qlik Sense

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Sr Technical Support Engineer-Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @PadmaPriyaPadmaPriya,

I didn't have a repository backup, but it mentioned if it's available in QMC then can be restored. So, I followed the same instructions and then ended with no applications now. Earlier it was what are streams and apps were there while I can't open those. But now, everything has gone. It's a new Qlik Sense Hub

Anyways, thank you for the information

Regards,

Muhammad

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @muhammedraleen 

It looks like the Qlik Shared folder is the one that was deleted ? If that is the case the Apps folder inside that folder has the binary files, if there is no way to recover the files unfortunately there is no much that can be done. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm