Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikSense RIM Node only for run task (Schedule), not for user (Enginee)

Hi Dear Qlik Community

I have  the following situation, i have an installation with one central node and three RIM Nodes, the target of two of three RIM Nodes is only run task, the Enginee, Repository and Scheduler Windows services are runnning on the two RIM Task nodes.

If I uncheck the Enginee box in the node section of the QMC on the RIM Task nodes and in the central virtual proxy I remove the RIM Task nodes for balancing, the central node does not send tasks to the RIM Task nodes. I have tried activating the balancing to the RIM Task nodes in the central virtual proxy, but leaving the Enginee checkbox unchecked in the node section of the QMC in the RIM Task nodes.

I don't want active enginee on this RIM Task nodes, because i neeed the resources for task, not for users

Can you help me please?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Hi @marcos_herrera 

You must have a engine running on the node where you are reloading. But the engine doesn't control if the node gets user traffic. This is handled by the proxy. 

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

HI Dear @Maria_Halley 

Thanks for the answer, your suggestion is on RIM Task nodes, leave active the Engine Windows Service and Engine flag on QMC (Node section), but on central proxy not balancing to RIM Task nodes?

Thanks