Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firekeeper084
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense security rule for Exporting data

Hi There, 

This question may well have been answered before and if so, please can i be passed in the correct direction... otherwise i'm looking to create the below security rules and dont seem to be able to get it to work...

so the rules i have already created are for applevelmanagement and streamlevelmanagement using custom properties which work fine and i can give set users access to certain apps/streams dependant on user groups.

i now need the ability to create a rule that allows exporting (download data as) option for specific user groups, on specific apps on specific sheets only. i have thought about the possibility of using the sheet description field as the option to mark the sheets i would like thew ability for users to export from, alternatively the sheet name within the app name for locking it down to.

so example:

app1:

sheet1 - description Export

sheet2 - no description

sheet3 - no description

app2:

sheet1 - description Export

sheet2 - description Export

sheet3 - no description

so the aim is to say for app 1 i would like only sheet 1 to have the ability for exporting data and app2 sheet 1 and sheet 2 for exporting data from. custom properties already takes care of the access to these apps.

i have been playing around with this but so far not getting any joy.

any help would be amazing

thanks

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The Export action is scoped to Apps not App.Objects. This can be seen in security rule creation GUI like so:

Levi_Turner_0-1610465722833.png

As such, there's no way for you to only permit data exports from a given sheet (although you can restrict it to certain apps). This logically makes sense due to the associative model nature of Qlik. Whether a UI element exposes a particular view on the model or not is irrelevant, the app has a shared data model.

firekeeper084
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI Levi,

thank you for the reply, bit frustrating it cannot be narrowed down to a specific tab / chart object to be allowed export function only as i want to limit what end users can export due to the detail on some charts. i suppose only option is to have to create 2 apps one of which contains only the table i want to allow for export. just seems a bit of a faff having to maintain to apps to limit just a single page for being allowed to export. but if this is the only option ill go with that. thanks again for the support