Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Qlik Sense application could not be found - Shared folder problem?

I all,

Our Qlik Sense server has been patched in the WE and since then we have an error when trying to open an application in the HUB :

OmarBenSalem_0-1687181699205.png

and as you can see, even images are not to be found :

OmarBenSalem_1-1687181884306.png

Everything is stored into a shared folder : 

OmarBenSalem_2-1687181911811.png

OmarBenSalem_3-1687181950098.png

All of the applications (old ones) are physically present in this folder :

OmarBenSalem_4-1687181991175.png

But when I created 2 new applications to test, I see that they're being stored in the default location : C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

that we find here : 

OmarBenSalem_5-1687182105121.png

and these I can access to..

I'm really confused on what has happened? any idea how to fix this please?

And yeah, when I open the settings.ini, I have this :

OmarBenSalem_6-1687182189578.png

and this has not be edited since 2019.. so!

OmarBenSalem_7-1687182216439.png

Help please!  @Sonja_Bauernfeind  @Mike_Dickson ?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@OmarBenSalem 

This is occurring because the Engine service on the node is not able to find the shared folder location.

When you restart the engine service on the node / nodes, look at the log file (servername_system_engine) located at C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Engine\Trace

Within this log you can find a line with the following message:
29 20230619T083245.818-0700 INFO QlikServer1 System.Engine.Engine 19 e676eb7d-937c-428f-811a-0258bed37991 DOMAIN\qvservice Mount: Found Mount at location \\QLIKSERVER1\QlikShare\Apps browsable 0 Internal Engine

This shows where it is attempting to view / store applications. If it pointing to the default location after restarting services, RDP into the server in question verify that you are able to access the shared folder location using the service account that is running Qlik Sense services.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

OmarBenSalem
Author

Hello,

Indeed, the problem is that we could not access to the shared folder anymore. It's thus unrelated to Qlik but rather an infra problem.

I'll close the ticket. Thank u for your help. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OmarBenSalem
Author

Anyone?

Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@OmarBenSalem 

This is occurring because the Engine service on the node is not able to find the shared folder location.

When you restart the engine service on the node / nodes, look at the log file (servername_system_engine) located at C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Engine\Trace

Within this log you can find a line with the following message:
29 20230619T083245.818-0700 INFO QlikServer1 System.Engine.Engine 19 e676eb7d-937c-428f-811a-0258bed37991 DOMAIN\qvservice Mount: Found Mount at location \\QLIKSERVER1\QlikShare\Apps browsable 0 Internal Engine

This shows where it is attempting to view / store applications. If it pointing to the default location after restarting services, RDP into the server in question verify that you are able to access the shared folder location using the service account that is running Qlik Sense services.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
OmarBenSalem
Author

Thank you for your response.

I couldn't find this line in the log file but I have this instead :

EnsureDirectory: Create directory \ failed: Create directory \ failed: boost::filesystem::create_directories: The specified path is invalid: "here is the sharedfolder path"

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hello @OmarBenSalem 

Did you have the chance to test you are able to access to the shared folder with the service account as mentioned by Mike ?
A quick test would be to connect remotely to the server using the service account, copy and paste the shared path in the File Explorer and paste the URL. 

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
OmarBenSalem
Author

Hello,

Indeed, the problem is that we could not access to the shared folder anymore. It's thus unrelated to Qlik but rather an infra problem.

I'll close the ticket. Thank u for your help. 

Raju_6952
Creator
Creator

Hi@ Sonja,

Can you provide your inputs on this?.