Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Qlik Sense Task aborts unexpectedly with message "Reload aborted on slave"

Hi team,

We have 18 processes which has 5 tasks in each process.  We start executing the process from 1 to 18 from 3 AM in following schedule:

Process 1 to 4, starts or triggers at 3 AM

Process 5 to 8, starts or triggers at 3:30 AM

Process 9 to 12, starts or triggers at 4:00AM

Process 13 to 16 , starts or triggers at 4:30 AM

Process 17 to 18 , starts or triggers at 5:00 AM

There are other tasks also which run every day. 

We have two scheduler nodes connected to central server. Each has 205 GB RAM and 32 Virtual Processors. 

Max concurrent reloads are 12 on each server so total will  be 24. I have increased it from 16 to 24 because I have noticed that many other tasks go to Queue during 3 AM to 6 AM. 

Still any of these 18 processes task aborts unexpectedly with message "Reload aborted on slave"

I can see the Spike in CPU but RAM stays at 70%.

I am trying to find what is root cause of tasks abortion with message "Reload aborted on slave"

Can you please help me to find it/

Thanks in advance

Rohit

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Rohitk1609

It does sound like a resource issue, since it started when you added more concurrent reloads.  

It would also be interesting to see the full error. Not full log but the error at the end.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @rohitk1609,

Without further details I was wondering if this could be related to the Task session Time out, like is set up to 45min (just an example) and the reload is taking longer than that and hence aborted.

As @Maria_Halley  said, a bit more of information in such scenario would be great.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Albert,

Task session timeout is 1440 minutes which is one full day. my task runs max of 3 hours.

rohitk1609_0-1646635565196.png

@Maria_Halley No specific error come, task just aborts with message. 

SankarReddy
Support
Support

Hi @rohitk1609, please feel free to create a support ticket and then provide the Qlik sense logs, timestamp, and Appid.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-To-Collect-Log-Files-From-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windo...

Best Regards,

Sankar.