Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcqvnp
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense / N-Printing On-Demand / Section Access

Hi,

QlikSense November 2019 / NPrinting February 2019.

On-demand is working ok with normal QS apps, but when Section Access is introduced the task in NPR On-Demand requests is hanging if the QS user does not have escalated QS permissions.

Section access setup in the QS app ok, and data reduces as expected.  NPrinting connection set to "Apply user section access for reports".

Windows auth used across the board, CA certificates in place.

Everything looks ok from a configuration perspective on the server.

When I run as a QS user which has any of the roles "AuditAdmin, RootAdmin, DeploymentAdmin, SecurityAdmin" everything works as expected - the request is submitted, file generated (I can see it in the responses folder C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\ondemand\responses), SectionAccess data reduction happens, current selections applied and the output file is correct.

When I run as a normal QS user or user with the ContentAdmin role the request just hangs.  It eventually shows in the On Demand Requests screen as Failed.  There is no file generated in the Responses folder, and it times out on the client side.

This happens with both the stock on-demand plugin and the nprinting-sense-on-demand from github.

Has anyone seen anything strange or had specific additional QS setup to do when enabling on-demand NPrinting reports?

Thanks for any input!

Labels (4)
0 Replies