Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erprodsupport
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense April 2019 bug fix question

Hello,

I have a question regarding this bug fix noted in the April 2019 Patch 1 release notes:

"Scheduler can end up in a state where reloading tasks will fail with 'Engine not alive' errorJira issue ID:QLIK-94286Description:Under certain circumstances scheduler could end up with a cached error causing some reload tasks to fail when triggered in batches."

This fix sounds like an issue that Qlik confirmed was coming in the June 2019 release.  My question is: is this bug fix a patch for something that broke in the first April 2019 release or is it the fix that was promised for the June 2019 release?  I was waiting for June 2019 to be released for a scheduler fix but if this current April patch is what I need then happy days!  Thanks!

2 Replies
erprodsupport
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I found an article regarding this on another forum post: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000053947

It does seem like it's the correct bug fix; I just am hoping for some quick feedback from others before deciding to move forward with using the April 2019 release.
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
Yes, it's that bug, and that fix! 🙂
So, the original plan was to have it fixed in June 2019, but we managed to add the fix to April 2019 patch 1, September 2018 Patch 4, November 208 Patch 4 and February 2019 Patch 3 as well!

Thanks for mentioning it, I'll update the support article!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.