Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npapapicco
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Issue with version April2018 Patch2 and RIM nodes?

Hello,

I want to share an experience I did last days with Qlik Sense April2018.

I have a customer with a central node running Qlik Sense April2018 Patch2 that needed to add a rim node scheduler to his infrastructure.

I installed Qlik Sense April2018 Patch2 to a new server and tryed to add the node from QMC in the cetral node, but I received the well known error on certificate distribution and port 4444.

Indeed the RIM node was not listening on port 4444 as per netstat command, also many information regarding the dispatcher were logged in event viewer.

So following advices, I tryed to repair the installation on RIM node and had to remove the Patch2 before proceeding, after removing and repairing I executed netstat and the port 4444 was listening.

Re-applying Patch2 the port 4444 was again not listening.

So I removed from the RIM node Patch2 and was able to add the new node from central QMC and to distribute certificates and to generate unlock password for the RIM node.

Now the slave scheduler is operational but I am not sure if I can apply Patch2 to it.

Had ever anyone have the same issue? 

Thanks

Nicola 

1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

Best practice is to have all the Central and RIMs at the same version/patch, but I have never seen that issue to be honest, the only I can think of, the only reason 4444 wasn't listening is because the repository service on that RIM was failing to load up, when you install the RIM, the Logs/repo/trace/system_repo should give a entry that states that it is ready to receive the distributed certificate from central, if it does not get to that message and for some reason it fails or there's a fatal error, it will shut down the repo service and as a result, nothing will listen to port 4444 on that node. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik