Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is there the file system and QVD files?

Hello,

for a customer query, I have to understand if Qlik Sense Saas has a file system, and if my Apps can write/read on it.

I have an ETL that read Oracle DB, and then writes/reads QVD.

Is there a documentation about it?

Thanks

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day Riccardo,

I haven't seen any doco on this but I have been in contact with a Qlik representative here in Australia. I learned two main points: a) there is currently no folder structure for storing QVDs, and b) this part of the SaaS product is still gaining new features in the future.

With this in mind, I have two alternatives on how to set up your QVDs:

Either, store your QVDs as normal within a folder - the folder name appears as part of the file name

barnabyd_1-1601932569767.png

You can browse and search with this.

barnabyd_0-1601932245779.png

The alternative is to keep your QVD generators in QS Enterprise and use Qlik DataTransfer to upload your QVDs to the cloud. I understand that this is recommended by Qlik. This product with attach a prefix to a set of QVDs that can then be used for filtering.

barnabyd_2-1601933123655.png

I'm still not sure which option works best. I'm still looking for an strategy so that I won't need to modify my load statement code when migrating from Enterprise to SaaS.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant

View solution in original post

3 Replies
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day Riccardo,

I haven't seen any doco on this but I have been in contact with a Qlik representative here in Australia. I learned two main points: a) there is currently no folder structure for storing QVDs, and b) this part of the SaaS product is still gaining new features in the future.

With this in mind, I have two alternatives on how to set up your QVDs:

Either, store your QVDs as normal within a folder - the folder name appears as part of the file name

barnabyd_1-1601932569767.png

You can browse and search with this.

barnabyd_0-1601932245779.png

The alternative is to keep your QVD generators in QS Enterprise and use Qlik DataTransfer to upload your QVDs to the cloud. I understand that this is recommended by Qlik. This product with attach a prefix to a set of QVDs that can then be used for filtering.

barnabyd_2-1601933123655.png

I'm still not sure which option works best. I'm still looking for an strategy so that I won't need to modify my load statement code when migrating from Enterprise to SaaS.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You might also be interest in this post from @stevedark , who is recommending the use of DropBox, Google Drive or OneDrive.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you very much @barnabyd 

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence