Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave-Ampere
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is HTTP/2 supported in QlikSense Enterprise?

Hi,

I'm looking for general performance improvements for our deployment. One clear issue is the number of assets that the browser has to load in (initially at least). Is there a way to enable HTTP/2 support in the QMC or otherwise for QlikSense Enterprise?

I know with Feb 2022 release we have greater control over Cache Control policies which will help improve caching, but HTTP/2 is substantially faster for browsers when the files to load is large (HTTP/1.1 on average limits to load 6 files concurrently).

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Thanks @Dave-Ampere .

I just had a look at our Qlik Cloud as is using H2 and H3, so HTTP/2 and HTTP/3, so maybe moving to Qlik Cloud could help on your goal.

In any case, I'll try to dig a bit deeper if there is any further information.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Dave-Ampere,

Unfortunately, seems correct that the Qlik Sense proxy does not use HTTP/2, the best way to get insight if this would be added on the product would be creating an Idea on Ideation | Qlik Community where our Product Managers will be able to respond better such requirements.

That, said a 3rd party proxy could be a way to use HTTP/2 although Qlik Sense would still talk HTTP/1 with such 3rd party proxy.

Cheers,

Albert

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Dave-Ampere,

Thanks for posting!

This article from my colleague @Lisa_Sun  Which http version currently use in Qlik Sense Ent... - Qlik Community - 1811935 might be relevant for the situation you have mentioned here.

Cheers, 

Dave-Ampere
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Albert_Candelario for the link but this isn't relevant to my question sadly.

Using the developer tools in Chrome we can see that QlikSense is not using HTTP/2. On a webinar (early this year) with Qlik Experts I asked about if or when QlikSense will support HTTP/2 and they said they weren't sure and the best place to ask was on the Community forum and an expert would pick it and reply with more information.

Based on the fact Qlik's own demos are HTTP/1.1 I can only assume it does not support HTTP/2:

https://showcase3.qlik.com/sense/app/9886f85c-8548-4e42-9b7f-0b0f01a8d8ad/overview

(Using the tools as discussed we can see HTTP/1.1 transfers for assets served by QlikSense in the screenshot of the network panel)

example_in_HAR.png

Is there any visibility of the timeline to support HTTP/2? It seems like a really big performance win (for not a big effort?) given the design of QlikSense means that there are a lot of additional files that are transferred when the page loads.

Albert_Candelario

Thanks @Dave-Ampere .

I just had a look at our Qlik Cloud as is using H2 and H3, so HTTP/2 and HTTP/3, so maybe moving to Qlik Cloud could help on your goal.

In any case, I'll try to dig a bit deeper if there is any further information.

Cheers,

Albert

Dave-Ampere
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Albert_Candelario  - much appreciated & look forward to hearing back.

We can't move to Cloud at the moment, but it is good to know that it uses HTTP/2 and HTTP/3.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Dave-Ampere,

Unfortunately, seems correct that the Qlik Sense proxy does not use HTTP/2, the best way to get insight if this would be added on the product would be creating an Idea on Ideation | Qlik Community where our Product Managers will be able to respond better such requirements.

That, said a 3rd party proxy could be a way to use HTTP/2 although Qlik Sense would still talk HTTP/1 with such 3rd party proxy.

Cheers,

Albert

Dave-Ampere
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Albert_Candelario , I will do as you say on the Ideation board.

FYI, we did implement a load balance / proxy solution but will it did support websockets, that solution interfered with them such that they timed out excessively quick and we had to revert back to not using it.