Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to change QlikSense Server Settings.ini values.

Hello Qlik Team,

I would like to apply a new value to the Settings.ini file of the QlikSense server, and I have some questions regarding the application of this value. Below are the details:

I intend to apply the value ParallelFieldWrite=0 to the Settings.ini file. The QlikSense server is composed of a total of three servers: Central, Rim, and Rim. I would like to inquire about how to correctly apply this configuration value.

1) Should I apply this configuration value to all three server's Settings.ini files?

2) Is it necessary to stop or restart the services before and after applying this change?

3) How can I confirm that the configuration change has been applied successfully?

If you have any information related to the above questions, I would appreciate your guidance.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

If you need to make a configuration change to the Qlik Sense Engine Settings.ini file then change should be made on all Engine nodes.

Typically I stop the Engine service whenever I make a change to the Settings.ini file as I feel it is best practice to do so.

Once the configuration change has been made and the Settings.ini file has been saved, you can open the file in a text editor such as Notepad++ to confirm the change has been successfully completed.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

If you need to make a configuration change to the Qlik Sense Engine Settings.ini file then change should be made on all Engine nodes.

Typically I stop the Engine service whenever I make a change to the Settings.ini file as I feel it is best practice to do so.

Once the configuration change has been made and the Settings.ini file has been saved, you can open the file in a text editor such as Notepad++ to confirm the change has been successfully completed.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!