Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yosuke-coupa
Partner - Contributor III

Data Model Viewer access logic has changed?

With the latest version of Qlik Cloud, I am unable to get to the Data Model Viewer.  Following the information on permissions, I tried the following, but nothing can show.

• Owner of the App - only see Data Manager and Data Load Dditor.
  • Can Edit Data in Apps permission - cannot see Data Model Viewer

Even when trying to directly go to the Data Model Viewer from the URL https://my-tenant.us.qlikcloud.com/datamodelviewer/app/{appId}, I get the following.

dmv-access-denied.png

Did something change recently about accessing the Data Model Viewer?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Is the app never reload or without data ?

Kind regards

yosuke-coupa
Author

Hi @mpc, the App has data, and users can view the contents in the Sheets without any issues.  

I tried giving my user almost every role possible, and gave all permission to the Shared Space that the App belongs in.  I tried to log in/out as well as using incognito mode to clear any caching issues.  I am still unable to view the Data Model Viewer for this App as a Professional Entitlement user with the "Can Edit Data in Apps" Space permission.  

However, there is a user with a simple "Can Edit" Space permission that can see the Data Model Viewer, which is contradictory to the documentation.

I do not see anything in the recent release notes around the logic of accessing this page either.  

I will continue to experiment, but it seems like the documentation does not accurately reflect on how Qlik Cloud is behaving.  

mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Quite strange behavior !
I think you should open a case to the support, and investigate with them why this happening. And maybe change the official documenation.

Kind regards

yosuke-coupa
Author

Now, I am able to access the Data Model Viewer without any issues, and even users with the "Can Edit" SharedSpace Permission is able to access it.  I am completely at a loss as why the access was not working earlier this week.  

mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe a temporary issue with an update on your tenant . 🤔