Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abeer786
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to get data from HIVE Table QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA

I'm getting below error while trying to read data from a HIVE table

20240415T105556.712-0500 Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: 08S01, ErrorCode: 115, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][Hardy] (115) Connection failed with error: SSL_read: error code: 0

I'm getting this error only while fetching data from a particular table, for rest of the other tables it works fine with same connection.

Can anybody give any pointers to how to debug this? I ran the same query via Hue SQL interface which HIVE provides, the query works fine and I'm able to export whole dataset

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abeer786
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey @Mario_De_Felipe Thanks so much for replying. Anyway it was determined the table itself has some performance issues as it has too many partitions in it. When we created a copy of table with single partition it is able to reload fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mario_De_Felipe
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried using an ODBC connector? I use this: https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/connectors/hive/odbc/2-6-1.html 

VesaLukka
Contributor
Contributor

I think problem is in database. Does the error happen in beginning of reading or in same row each time? I would try to find out the row where error happens. Try to read only few rows at time (like 10 or so).

You probably need to contact database admin and ask to fix the issue.

abeer786
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey @Mario_De_Felipe Thanks so much for replying. Anyway it was determined the table itself has some performance issues as it has too many partitions in it. When we created a copy of table with single partition it is able to reload fine.