Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Tasks failed as Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)

Hello experts,

There are connectivity problems in our site, which occurs on TASK relods only as far as we experienced. Its both occurs on ODBC & Rest connections.

When i check script logs we get this error immidiately after "Lib Connect to xxx" statement.

20240327T120257.655+0300 0023 LIB CONNECT TO 'SOME_ODBC_DB_Connection'
20240327T120339.724+0300      Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)
20240327T120339.726+0300      Execution Failed
20240327T120339.730+0300      Execution finished.

the time from lib connect to statment and error differs from 30 to 150 seconds. 

Btw <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/> is set on all of our Qlik servers inside of <runtime> tag which is located on machine.config. We have to manually control the failed task list and manually send a re-start order to mitigate this, but its very exhausting effor to chase up a site with more than +2000 tasks. And this is still not a solution because sometimes its ends as a fail again, we always have to check if its finishes as success.

Qlik Sense Version: Qlik Sense February 2023 Patch 6 | 14.113.9

Labels (2)
11 Replies
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Nicolae_Alecu 

This not helps 😞 as i mentioned on my post its already set on the machine.config settings.

Nicolae_Alecu
Creator
Creator

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator
Author

Quick Summary for whom have same issue

We uninstalled following patches from server but its not fixed the problem.

kb5034767
kb5034614
kb5034862

In engine systemlogs there are 2 entries for this error but when i seached them in knowledgebase couldnt find that something helps. Are there someone knows what is the cause of reason 991&999 ?

CGenericConnection: Failed to send QVX_TERMINATE to process 3576 (reason 991); C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe

CGenericConnection: Call to Terminate process 0 (reason 999) without open communications channel; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe

ms-roha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello,

we have the same issue in one of our customer environments (Qlik Sense Version November 2023). It also started after Windows Updates were installed last wednesday.

For us it seems like the OdbcConnectorPackage.exe can not start anymore. The logfile in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\Log contains the following error:

20240402T070009.990+02:00 ODBC [1] 7.22.0 FATAL QLIK-SENSE \\.\pipe\command_1cebdae2be995c990c2aa68648eb34cfecd6acf7.pip (null) (null) (null) (null) ODBC PipeName=\\.\pipe\command_1cebdae2be995c990c2aa68648eb34cfecd6acf7.pip Source=ODBC ReloadId=NA TenantId=NA UserIdType=NA UserId=NA EngineSessionId=NA AppId=NA RequestGuid=NA Message=Unhandled exception An exception was thrown while activating Qlik.Connectors.SDK.Common.Server -> Qlik.Connectors.Odbc.JSON.JsonRequestHandler..

Unfortunately, even changing the loglevel to ALL or DEBUG does not produce more detailed errors so we can only assume it has something todo with SSL/TLS issues.

I already tried a few things like using IIS Crypto to enable/disable TLS versions and protocols and changing machine.config file but nothing worked.

We plan to update Qlik Sense to the latest version tomorrow and if that doesnt fix the problem gradually uninstall Windows Updates until we find a working configuration.

Hope you keep us updated if you find something, will do the same!

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Roha,

Thanks for your update, we also have a open ticket for this issue but no suggestions have been submitted yet. If i find anything new i will keep you informed.

have a nice day

ms-roha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Here again to report my findings:

* Update to the newest Qlik Sense Version (February 2024 SR2) did not fix this issue

* Uninstalling Windows Updates proved difficult because there were a lot and it would take a lot of time to restart / test after each uninstall, the ~10-15 I uninstalled didn't change anything though

* Regenerating Keys for the QvOdbcConnectorPackage and QvWebStorageProvider did not change anything

* I installed the QlikView OdbcConnectorPackage and tried to start it with a double click which atleast logged the following error (important part: "Could not get key with id prefix 'qseow'")

20240403T165229.503+02:00 ODBC [1] 6.211.0 FATAL QLIK-SENSE (null) (null) (null) (null) (null) ODBC PipeName= Source=ODBC ReloadId=NA TenantId=NA UserIdType=NA UserId=NA EngineSessionId=NA AppId=NA RequestGuid=NA Message=Unhandled exception An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = Server (ReflectionActivator), Services = [Qlik.Connectors.SDK.Common.Server], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.CurrentScopeLifetime, Sharing = None, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = JsonRequestHandler (ReflectionActivator), Services = [Qlik.Connectors.SDK.Common.JSON.IJsonRequestHandler], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.CurrentScopeLifetime, Sharing = Shared, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Autofac.IContainer)' on type 'JsonRequestHandler'. ---> An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = GetInputOptionsCommand (ReflectionActivator), Services = [Qlik.Connectors.SDK.Common.Commands.GetInputOptionsCommand], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.CurrentScopeLifetime, Sharing = None, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = OdbcMetadataService (ReflectionActivator), Services = [Qlik.Connectors.SDK.Common.Services.ISourceMetadataService], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.CurrentScopeLifetime, Sharing = Shared, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = DefaultOAuthHelper`2 (ReflectionActivator), Services = [Qlik.Connectors.SDK.Common.OAuth.IOAuthHelper], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.CurrentScopeLifetime, Sharing = Shared, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = FileSystemCachingService (ReflectionActivator), Services = [QlikView.Qvx.QvxLibrary.Services.ICachingService], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.RootScopeLifetime, Sharing = Shared, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor()' on type 'FileSystemCachingService'. ---> Could not get key with id prefix 'qseow' (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.). 

What "fixed" the issue for me is renaming/removing the directory "%APPDATA%/Qlik" which apparently stores the encryption keys for the connectors (I just renamed it to "-Qlik").

After I did that and restarted Engine & Scheduler service the data connections panel started to load again.

I also tested a reload that failed with "invalid handle" before and it did work. I'm not sure what that means for connectors that depend on the encryption keys (e.g. Sharepoint / OneDrive) (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Content/Connectors_Home/Setting-encryption-key.htm) but that wasn't the case here.

Unfortunately, I cant access the Table-Selection Wizard or the Edit/Create dialog of the data connection.

I'm using a virtual proxy (/windows) for this environment, the default one (/) redirects to an external login page. When I press the edit/select data button in the data connections panel it ignores the virtual proxy and tries to load it from "/customdata/..." instead of "/windows/customdata" (which it does correctly for the other data connections, e.g. custom ODBC).

But maybe that is because I installed the QlikView versions of the OdbcPackage (I already uninstalled it, but it still could have changed something).

Guess we'll do another rollback and this time I'll just do the version update and folder-rename.

Hope this helps you.

ms-roha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I'm back to tell you that the solution doesn't seem to work.

Yesterday I was able to connect & successfully load tables from the database but today it fails again, this time with an "invalid username/password" message.

I already tried updating the data connection with the same credentials (in case Qlik needed to re-encrypt the credentials) but that also does not work.

This time, the following error is logged in the ConnectorPackage logfile:

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] ...

I will probably create a ticket and see if Qlik Support has a solution for this problem.

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Roha,

Thanks for your replies, i got that badpassword error too on qlik-native postgresql connections.

-Meanwhile im increased the log level to debug following this article if i find anything suspicious

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-How-to-turn-on-Engine-DEBUG-logs-...

-and i will try to change following local policy settings

>Local Security Policy>Local Policy>Security OPtions> Network security: LAN Manager authentication level > Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated>restart server

but because of local policies are administered by different teams it will take time to make this change.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-10/security/threat-protec...

I will keep u informed if this works.

have a nice day