Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedericoDellAcqua
Contributor II
Contributor II

SharePoint subfolder connection to Qlik Cloud

Hello everybody! 

I have implemented the SharePoint conncetor to my Qlik Cloud environment following these instrucions . 

However, I need to create a connection only to a specific subfolder included in the SharePoint site. 

Is it possible using the SharePoint connector? 

Thank you in advance! 

Federico 

Labels (3)
5 Replies
pskumars7989
Contributor II
Contributor II

mention the path at subfolder level while creating the connection. 

carlos_molino
Contributor III
Contributor III

If when you create the connection it does not let you refer directly to the folder, you can access it by loading the desired file by entering the necessary path, for example:

[Table1]:
LOAD
FROM [lib://sharepoint_conexion/path_to_subfoulder/Data.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Hoja1);

FedericoDellAcqua
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Pskumars, 

Thanks for the suggestion, when I try to specify the folder i get this error: 

FedericoDellAcqua_0-1706017102219.png

The connection works when I specify the Base URL and the Site/Subsite Path. However, I also need to specify a particular folder: at this level I am not capable to move over. 

Thanks, 

Federico

FedericoDellAcqua
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Carlos, 

I need to specify it directly in the connection since I want to give the connection to some specific users.

Example: I have a folder named: "Sales", I need to create a Sharepoint_Sales connection and open a connection only in the space "Sales" where salesmen work. 

Thanks, 

Federico

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @FedericoDellAcqua 

You cannot specify a specific Sharepoint list or item (such as a folder) when creating the connection. Only baseurl and subsite(s) can be used.

Access to specific lists or items should be governed within SharePoint as a best practice, e.g. give permissions to the specific users on the item(s) you want them to be able to access.

If you are going to create the connection (with shared credentials) and share it with others, create the connection using credentials with same permission set as those who's going to use the connection, as anyone using the connection will get access based on the shared credentials.

Another option is to use "User defined credentials" when creating the connection. User will then authenticate against SharePoint using their own credentials when using the connection and get access based on given permissions:

Bjorn_Wedbratt_0-1706611802363.png

Bjorn_Wedbratt_1-1706611867939.png

Hope this helps!

Best

Björn