cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

PostgreSQL Connection Failed

Our data connection to the QSR repository database hosted on PostgreSQL has suddenly stopped working. The error is :

Connection Failed: Please check the values for Username, password, Host and other properties.

I have confirmed that the password host and port are all still valid and correct. I suspect that it may be ssl related but unsure on how to diagnose if it is indeed the issue.

Any thoughts?

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Issue has been found. It was software whitelisting product that was blocking the QvOdbcConnectorPackage executable. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@shaun_lombard I am also getting this at least every week once. It's not against only QSR and I have problem the same with another DB where I have data (Like, Oracle, Azure etc.)

So, The best approach what Qlik suggested to have enabled Process monitor in each scheduler service where you have problem: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/File-Access-and-Process-Monitoring-How-to-fi...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil, thanks for the response, did you find what your issue was? My issue is not intermittent, it has completely stopped working. 

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Issue has been found. It was software whitelisting product that was blocking the QvOdbcConnectorPackage executable.