Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivanseric
Contributor II
Contributor II

Creating key between tables not possible because of "name '' already exists." error during rename

I have two tables. Let's call them table_animal (from PostgresSQL DB) and table_zoo (from Salesforce). I have two separate load scripts for them. 

table_animal contains a field called "zoo" which I would like to use as a key

table_zoo contains a field named "zoo_name" which I would like to use as a key

As far as I have understood, I need to name them the same so that Qliksense recognized them as a key. 

At the end of the load script for table_zoo I entered a "rename field" statement to rename "zoo_name" to "zoo"

When the load scripts run, I get an error "The name 'zoo' already exists." 

Can someone tell me how I could still create  a key between does two tables or make the renaming work?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

You might try renaming the field in the load.

LOAD

zoo_name AS zoo,

Also, are the tables of a similar structures? It may be concatenating them.  Try NOCONCATENATE between the two LOAD scripts.  

If you include example data, that would help us assist.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

You might try renaming the field in the load.

LOAD

zoo_name AS zoo,

Also, are the tables of a similar structures? It may be concatenating them.  Try NOCONCATENATE between the two LOAD scripts.  

If you include example data, that would help us assist.

ivanseric
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried that but then I get the following error 

"Field [zoo_name] as [zoo] not found in the object Account*. "

I also tried this without the brackets and with '' and "" but I always get the same error. In my load scripts from SQL databases setting an alias always works. I am only encountering this issue with the Salesforce connection.

* Account is the table that I am trying to load from Salesforce.

ivanseric
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Creating an alias anyway worked. When I reported this issue, I used the automatically generated load scripts from Qliksense which had first the LOAD statement and then the SELECT statement in it. I just switched the order of the two and then the alias worked.