Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicente89
Contributor
Contributor

Change colors of line chart and/or tornado chart

Good morning,
I have been trying for several hours to change the colors in the line charts and the tornado chart and I can't find the way.
I managed to change them in the bar charts, by means of an option that is inside each one of the measures, called "More properties".
But these two types of charts do not offer me that option, does anyone know if there is a way to change the colors (of the lines in the line chart and of the bars in the tornado chart) of these two types of charts?
Thank you very much.

6 Replies
Ernests
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @vicente89,

Maybe you can create dimensions and measures as Master items and then change the color of items into Master items menu?

Ernests_0-1700130818503.png

vicente89
Contributor
Contributor
Author

What would be the steps to get there? Let's see if I can do them, because the master elements are not usually created by me, I give the description to the IT department and they create them, I don't know if I can do what you say.

Ernests

You can check this video (this is desktop version but idea is the same): 17 QlikSense Master Items - YouTube

Or this video: Creating master items - Qlik Sense - YouTube

If the master items is not available for you then I am not sure I know how to access them.

vicente89
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have tried but I cannot create or modify master elements.
There is no other way to change the colors in these charts other than creating new master elements with the desired colors, is there?

Ernests

Well, as far as I know there are multiple chart Color properties but I was not able to get specific line colors without using Master items.

Ernests_0-1700132699702.png

vicente89
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok, well I'll have to leave it with the colors that come predefined in Multicolor.

It's a pity that Qlik often does not let you customize things to your liking as easily as other programs like Power BI.