Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levente81
Partner - Contributor III

set expression with aggr()

Hi there,

Please someone let me know how could happen that I get back values based on selection when I explicitly ask for all values regardless selection....

aggr( {1} only( {1} Dateval),Dateval)

What do I not see here which allows current selection to creep back to my displayed list of items?

While it is not working as I expect there is an other simple calculation:

Count({1} Dateval)

where {1} set identifier works fine, and I always get total count of items regardless of selection. These 2 are "running" in parallel, and the only difference I see is that latter is working fine, while the earlier is not...

My ultimate goal is to add there a complex dynamic date filter expression instead of {1} set identifier once I understand why this simple is not working the way I think it should...

Thanks,  Levente

Labels (1)
5 Replies
alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

can you explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to accomplish? It seems that you are trying to obtain an array of distinct field values corresponding to some filter other than current selections. What are you going to do with it?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @levente81 ,
As @alextimofeyev said you should provide more info about your actual result and the expected one.

Best Regards

levente81
Author

Hi Agigliotti,

There is a simple situation, what I hope can be answered. Using this definition (

aggr( {1} only( {1} Dateval),Dateval)

) in a table object as dimension, what shall I see when I select certain Dateval values:

- all Dateval values

- or only those that I selected?

If the answer is always all as {1} is used, then comes my original question: How could happen, that my table responds to active selection?

Best regards,

Levente

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

It would be easier if you could post a sample app with mock data.

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I think it will not work if you only have this dimension in your table. If you add a measure that ignores selections too, than all values in your dimension will show.

alextimofeyev_0-1671211163479.png

If you really don't need that measure in the table, you can "hide" it by setting the label to '' and text color to white().