cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregBrooks1
Employee
Employee

background color in trellis container

Can a background color be set for cells in a trellis container using colormix2?  The charts are histograms and I would like to show deviation from the mean as one of two colors, with white being close to or at the mean.

If it can be done, I would assume it would be in the Master Visualization under Presentation, Styling / General / Background Color / By Expression, but not sure of the correct expression.  For regular tables it's something like:

=colormix2(
(rank(TOTAL column(1))/(NoOfColumns(TOTAL)/2))-1,
rgb(20,20,20),
rgb(100,100,100),
rgb(200,200,200)
)

But this does not work for Trellis Containers.

GregBrooks1_0-1713230409037.png

Labels (1)
2 Replies
mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Column and NoOfColumn are Straight Table functions only:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/InterReco...

Regards

GregMBrooks
Employee
Employee

I tried using Colormix1 and can get a color to show across the Trellis cells, but the color is the same for all cells based on the calculated percent of saturation overall.  I cannot get the individual cells to color according to their own individual percent of saturation.  The overall color saturation changes based on the measure I select, but again, not in the individual cells.

Here is the code I am using.  I select a measure to display (vMeasureName).  I check to make sure the value is greater than 0.  I have also turned on Advanced mode for the Trellis container and use vDimSetFull.

=colormix1(
AVG(AGGR(
(max(if($(vDimSetFull) [$(vMeasureName)]>0,($(vDimSetFull) [$(vMeasureName)])))-
avg(if($(vDimSetFull) [$(vMeasureName)]>0,($(vDimSetFull) [$(vMeasureName)]))))
/
(max({$<RVarName2 = {'$(vMeasureName)'}>} Upper_SNI)-
max({$<RVarName2 = {'$(vMeasureName)'}>} Nominal_SNI))
,[32CELL]))
,rgb(255,255,255),LightCyan())

Any help appreciated.