cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hudam
Contributor II
Contributor II

While Loop

On a call log, I am trying to count the number of calls it takes to make 'human contact'.  There is a contact_id field that groups the calls to a single individual. One individual will have one contact_id and each contact_id can have multiples rows (calls). 

Human contact is establish by the field 'contacted' being populated.

I am trying to us a while loop in the load editor to obtain these results.  I want to have a counter variable that will stop counting once we have identified the first 'contacted' field that is populated for each contact_id.   Here is some syntax for further clarity.

let ct = 0;

while (isnull(contacted) = -1)

ct = ct + 1 ;

loop

Load
'$(ct)' as numOfCalls;

I am unsure how to fit this logic into the Load script to obtain my desired results.  Any guidance or direction would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

I don't think you need to loop over field values of a table like this. There should be shorter and better performing solutions.

Can you please provide some different examples and your expected results?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarcoWedel

I don't think you need to loop over field values of a table like this. There should be shorter and better performing solutions.

Can you please provide some different examples and your expected results?

hudam
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was seeking an alternative method due to a bug I was having in my preferred solution. I am still learning SQL some and was not entirely sure how I could mix loops and control statements in with a select statement, if at all.

I have since then resolved said bug, and have been advised thanks to you. 

As for your response, thank you, you answered my question.