Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Triggering NPrinting Tasks From QlikView With Rest Connector Fails With File Has Wrong Format Error

Hi,

We're using the Rest Connector to trigger NPrinting publish tasks from a QlikView dashboard, and we're started getting an error I've never seen before. We haven't made any changes to either system that create this issue that I'm aware of. QlikView and NPrinting are both May 2021 SR1.

While running the fPostTaskExecution subroutine,  this query throws a File Has Wrong Format error in debug:

RestNPTaskTriggerTable:
SQL SELECT
"__KEY_data",
"id",
"task",
"status"
FROM JSON (wrap off) "data" PK "__KEY_data"
WITH CONNECTION(
URL "$(vEndpoint)",
HTTPHEADER "cookie" "$(vCookie)"

);

Full error message:

ScriptErrorCount 1
ScriptErrorDetails HTTP protocol error 401 (Unauthorized): Requested resource requires authentication.
ScriptErrorList File Has Wrong Format
ScriptError File Has Wrong Format

We have a similar process running in another environment with no issues. I tried copying the QVW from that that environment to this one and received the same error, so I'm thinking it might be a setting in NPrinting. We recently turned off Qlik NPrinting authentication, but turning that back on didn't help.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the solution for the 401 error in this article.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Troubleshooting-Common-NPrinting-API-Errors/...

The NP domain user used in the rest connection must be
-an NPrinting admin role member

-must have a domain user account associated with it

-see the article for more information.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi,

Please check the solution for the 401 error in this article.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Troubleshooting-Common-NPrinting-API-Errors/...

The NP domain user used in the rest connection must be
-an NPrinting admin role member

-must have a domain user account associated with it

-see the article for more information.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Also make sure that you have dedicate NPrinting service account across different NPrinting and QlikView environment. Each NPrinting environment MUST have its own dedicated NP service account.

Kind regards...