cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II

RangeSum for Cumulative Rolling Totals

Hello.  I have data similar to the below. In my load script, I want to have a three month rolling cumulative by Customer and Dept (or six month or 12 month or etc).  So for month end 2/29 for Bob in Dept Food, sum Dollars Spent per Month for 2/29, 1/31, 12/31.  For month end 1/31 for Bob in Dept Food, sum Dollars Spent per Month for 1/31, 12/31, 11/30. and etc and etc.  I have figured out how to do the Cumulative Spent to Date by Customer and Dept, but I can't seem to get the rolling cumulative to work.

The spreadsheet has what I want the values to be for Dollars Spent 3 Month Rolling Cumulative.  How would I do this via the load script?  Is it a combination of a group by, order by?  RangeSum?

pic_rolling.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LorantPataki
Contributor II
Contributor II

PS. A more flexible option, just replace "3" with the number of months to accumulate:

LorantPataki_0-1711096616648.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LorantPataki
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, this would be one way to do it:

<<<
Source:
LOAD
    "Month End",
    "Rolling 3 Min",
    Customer,
    Dept,
    "Dollars Spent per Month"
FROM [lib://DataFiles/CumulativeRollingTotalExample.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

CumulativeTable:
NoConcatenate Load
    Customer,
    Dept,
    "Month End",
    "Dollars Spent per Month",
    "Dollars Spent per Month"
    + If(Peek(Customer, -1) = Customer and Peek(Dept, -1) = Dept, Peek("Dollars Spent per Month", -1), 0)
    + If(Peek(Customer, -2) = Customer and Peek(Dept, -2) = Dept, Peek("Dollars Spent per Month", -2), 0) as CumulativeLast3Months
Resident Source
Order By Customer, Dept, [Month End];

Drop Table Source;
>>>

and this is the result:

LorantPataki_0-1711095722519.png

LorantPataki
Contributor II
Contributor II

PS. A more flexible option, just replace "3" with the number of months to accumulate:

LorantPataki_0-1711096616648.png

mtkst13
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@LorantPataki , thank you!  This seems to work.  Tweaking a little for my real data.  Thank you so much!  This is exactly what I was looking for...

LorantPataki
Contributor II
Contributor II

Glad to hear it helped. Cheers!