Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinu_qliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense November2018 Path1 Section Access Report failed

Hi ,

I am  facing issue in Qlik November 2018 Patch 1, Not in Earlier Versions.

I  am using section access for one report.

I am able to load(run) the report from hub and it is successfully completed.

After  that  scheduled the report from TASK Manger window. The Report is failed with "Execution Failed" (log message).

If I Comment the section access part then the report running the successfully.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure to include the user INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER in the section access table with ADMIN access. Otherwise the document can not be reloaded succesfully using a reload task.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
srinu_qliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you ... its helped ...

But want to know what this is not happened in earlier versions of Qlik

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Hi I experienced the same issue in November 18 patch 2. 

My Section Access is handled in an Excel-file and I noticed that I had an whitepace in the SA_SHEDULER USERID  cell, like this: "INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER ", when  removed the tailing whitepace to "INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER" then the task ran successfully. 

This has not caused any problem in prior to November 18, so my guess is that Qlik Sense became more sensitive to whitespaces in excel in this release.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the QS November 2018 release a change was implemented that makes it necessary to include the internal scheduler service account in the section access table. This was not necessary previously.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mborsadw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This means Qlik is not backward compatible. I have to go and fix all my apps now. That sucks!

Does anybody what is Qlik's take on backward compatibility. I am going to file a support ticket issue with them anyway.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It depends on how you look at it. 

If you read the help chapter for section access from version 2.0 it states that the INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER shold be included for execution in the QMC. I remember I had som issues due to not including the sheduler in 3.x

In this later release Qlik Sense have become more strict regarding this. The good thing is that from now on you can't forget without noticing it.

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik should have put this CHANGE into the Nov 18 release notes.