Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roshin
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense: Export button (one-click download) for dynamically selected columns

Hi all,

Relatively new to Qlik Sense.

I have a table with a show condition for all the columns. Is there a way I can export just the selected columns to an Excel file with a single click?

For the one-click part, I have managed to implement the sense-export custom object/extension created by StefanWalther. It works great to download a specified, fixed set of columns in a table. But for dynamically selected columns, I'm unable to do a single click export. 

The long alternative is to [right-click > download as > data > export > save] which is too many steps. We're trying to make this feature easier for end users.

Any pointers on this would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Kalkumar
Partner - Contributor III

@Roshin  Did you find any alternative or were you able to develop custom extension to download. 

My requirement is to download the data from the table into excel upon clicking on a custom button. 
Right clicking is a lot of steps and business is not ok with those many steps. 

I could find stefanWalther extension either.

Adam_Romanowski

New straight table has feature - explore table. You can select dimensions and measures to be shown on the table then export as shown. But this is an extension - you need to replace previous table with the new one. And it's available since May 2023.

Kalkumar

I am currently utilizing Qliksense August Patch 8 along with the Vizlib table extension.

My Requirement:

I aim to have the export to Excel icon consistently positioned in the top right corner of the table.

Issues with current QS and Vizlib:

1) Making the export to Excel icon static is currently not feasible.

2) Qliksense features a default "Touch Screen Mode," and there is no official option to disable it by default. Users must manually deactivate it each time they open the dashboard. This mode affects the visibility of the table's export to Excel icon, which is only accessible when Touch Screen Mode is turned off.

In summary: 1) To export data from a Vizlib table, users must manually disable Touch Screen Mode, hover over the table to reveal the icon, and then click on it to initiate the export.

2)Another way exporting data into Excel involves right-clicking on the table and performing additional clicks.

Due to the business's dissatisfaction with the current process, a solution is sought. This entails implementing a button-like object linked to the table via its ID. Clicking on this button should trigger the download of the table's data into an Excel file, streamlining the process for users.