Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopal5879
Creator
Creator

Need some help in compute similar to lookup using Aggr and guess alternate state

Hello folks need some help desperately. I am trying to figure out using set analysis.I want to compute   total adp days worked , expression ADP DAYS WORKED on chart Summary  for each of the workhist months .

Expression ADP_WORK_DAYS is computed by look up of column ADP_MMYYYY in chart Summary .  There is no relation as model 

between ADPDATA table  and WORKHIST table .

Can you someone guide me in doing this. I have posted sample output in chart Summary.

I am trying to do something like this with no success.
=SUM( AGGR( MAX ( {< WKHIS_MMYYYY{"=ADP_MMYYYY"}>} ADP_WORK_DAYS),ADP_WORK_DATE,ADP_MMYYYY" ))

ADPDATA table         
    EMP ADP_WORK_DATE ADP_MMYYYYY ADP_WORK_DAYS  
    SCOTT 6/1/2023 62023 0.5  
    SCOTT 6/2/2023 62023 0.5  
    SCOTT 6/5/2023 62023 0.25  
    SCOTT 6/6/2023 62023 0.25  

WORKHIST table         
    WKHIST DAY WKHIS_MMYYYY WKHIST_USER    
    6/1/2023 62023 SCOTT    
    6/2/2023 62023 SCOTT    
    6/5/2023 62023 MIKE    
    6/6/2023 62023 MIKE    

Chart Summary         
    Chart WKHIS_MMYYYY ADP DAYS WORKED    
    SCOTT 62023 1    
    MIKE 62023 0.5    

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It looked as if both tables contain the same information - like one the current data and the other historic ones respectively any kind of budget data. If so both tables could - ans should - be concatenated by harmonizing the field-names and data-structures  and adding the extra-information about the source-table with which the data could be differentiated again in dimensions/selections and/or conditions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Describe how you arrived at the output table.

gopal5879
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Brun,

Summary is  straight table chart with dimensions WKHIS_MMYYYY , WKHIST_USER from WORKHIST table 

and ADP DAYS WORKED is a measure.

I need help in computing ADP DAYS WORKED which calculated from ADPDATA table by matching WKHIS_MMYYYY and Emp against 

ADPDATA table for corresponding EMP Scott /Mike and ADP_MMYYYYY  ( month & yyyy) field values.

Example for the month of June, 2023 ( 62023) , sum of ADP_WORK_DAYS is 0.5 +0.5 =1

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, You will need to create a link between the two tables using the dates as below.

ADPDATA:
LOAD EMP,
ADP_WORK_DATE,
ADP_MMYYYYY,
ADP_WORK_DAYS,
Date(ADP_WORK_DATE, 'MM/DD/YYYY') as %Date

FROM ABC;

WORKHIST:
LOAD "WKHIST DAY",
WKHIS_MMYYYY,
WKHIST_USER
Date("WKHIST DAY", 'MM/DD/YYYY') as %Date

FROM XYZ;

marcus_sommer

It looked as if both tables contain the same information - like one the current data and the other historic ones respectively any kind of budget data. If so both tables could - ans should - be concatenated by harmonizing the field-names and data-structures  and adding the extra-information about the source-table with which the data could be differentiated again in dimensions/selections and/or conditions.