Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II

KPI listening to specific value of filter widget

Hi,

i have 3 different filter widgets for a single dimension 'Month'.

i would now like to build a combi chart with 3 measures/lines.
Each kpi is supposed to 'listen' to one of those filter widgets.
When there is no selection in one of them, the according line is not supposed to be shown.

Can somebody help me with this problem?

Cheers.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Making three individual selections on a field isn't quite the same as making three separate selections on a field. This seems to be an easier use case if the user just needs to select three values from a single filter. You would then use a measure along the lines of:

Sum(If(Month = Subfield(GetFieldSelections('HistoryMonth',','),1,','),Value))

Replacing the 1 with 2 and 3 for the following measures. This may not be exactly what you need, but that's the general direction I'd look in.

Note that you may find it easier to just use three variables to select the months (using Variable Input) rather than making selections on a field using a filter. That would also allow you to refer to each of the three variables individually in your measures.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here. There are no "widgets" involved in Qlik products, a KPI object is different from a combo chart, and there is no option to hide a measure in a combo chart based on a condition in Qlik Sense.

Generally speaking, if you want different filters on the same field to apply only to specific objects or individual expressions, you need to use Alternate States. See:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/alternate-...

schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok i guess the correct term is 'Filter pane'.

I want the user to be able to select up to 3 values and for each value a separate line on a combo chart is supposed to be displayed/calculated.

For more background: the values are historical months and i want the user to be able to compare up to 3 assiciated measures as a line in that combo chart.

Or
MVP
MVP

Making three individual selections on a field isn't quite the same as making three separate selections on a field. This seems to be an easier use case if the user just needs to select three values from a single filter. You would then use a measure along the lines of:

Sum(If(Month = Subfield(GetFieldSelections('HistoryMonth',','),1,','),Value))

Replacing the 1 with 2 and 3 for the following measures. This may not be exactly what you need, but that's the general direction I'd look in.

Note that you may find it easier to just use three variables to select the months (using Variable Input) rather than making selections on a field using a filter. That would also allow you to refer to each of the three variables individually in your measures.

schmidtj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks, i managed to do it like you described!