Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III

How to keep Total constant in dashboard irrespective of dimension selection

Hi Team,

I am developing a dashboard in which there are 5 KPI's. I am displaying a company level total at a top followed by channel level total. 

The problem which I am facing is whenever I am selecting a any channel the company level total is also replaced with the channel total. For e.g.  Company level SALES = Rs. 1000  and Online Channel Total = Rs. 800 and Agent Total is = Rs.200. If I select any channel then Company level total is also becomes the same as per the channel which I am selecting. I don't want this to happen. Irrespective of my channel selection my Company level total should not change. It should reflect total of all the channels put together.

Can you pl help to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance.

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

For your company level, if your formula was previously e.g. Sum(Sales), instead use Sum({< Channel = >} Sales). This set analysis will tell the formula to ignore any selections made on the Channel field.

pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your Help..

But I not only have channel, Sub-channel, Hierarchy also in selection. Then how I should write a expression.

Thanks in Advance 

Or
MVP
MVP

Just tag on more set analysis...

Sum({< Channel = , [Sub-Channel] = , Hierarchy = >} Sales)

You can also ignore selections on all fields by using Sum({1} Sales)

pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok. But in certain KPI's I am calculating % also. for e.g. Total Incoming calls / Total Calls Received. In that case where i should mention that condition.

Or
MVP
MVP

You should insert the appropriate set analysis into each aggregation function e.g. Sum, Count, etc. If there's more than one, you should insert the set analysis into each one (assuming you want them all to ignore selections)